Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


OK this is the first time I'm trying this. But I saw it on a "friend's" blog and was inspired. I wanted to tackle the paper pile on my counter. You know those papers you want to do something with but don't have time right now. So you either lose them or forget about them and find the 3 months later. I have a basket for this stuff but it becomes the basket of doom since it is all jumbled together. Then everything just gets left on the counter, because "you'll never find it in the basket." So here is my before:


I cleaned off the counter around it too. In order to control the clutter I decided to add folders to the main paper area. In our house I figured it would work best to have 1 for me, 1 for him, 1 for church, and 1 for 4H (we're very involved as volunteers). They're color coded too, green for 4H etc... Basically church stuff and 4h stuff will automatically go to their folders. His work stuff and financial stuff to his. And everything else to me to deal with, file elsewhere, or toss. There are 3 small spaces in front, one for this month's and recent large purchase receipts, one for the errand/shopping list and current coupons and a pen, and one for the calculator and banking. Here is the after:


I also cleaned out my coupon/paper overflow drawer. Now I just need to take 15 minutes each week to keep it in good shape!

No comments: