Homegrown Learners hosts collage Friday, an opportunity to document your week with photo collages. This is my first week to participate. I had fun making collages with my new iPad. So here is my first installment:
- It is summer and we haven't officially started school. But Holly asks to do school several days a week. She was working on writing letters and alphabetical order. I think she is finally getting the idea that "elemeno" is not a word in the alphabet song. she still occasionally gets stuck on "L, M, N, O," though.
- Holly was very proud after she practiced writing her 2's. She preferred to write them as the answer to an equation though. May have to try that for other numbers. She would like to move on in math, her favorite subject, but it is hard when the only number you can write is "1".
- RAIN!!!!! Thank you God!!!
- We had rain on Saturday. A half inch!! Really except for helping our garden it doesn't make a dent in our severe drought. But it was so wonderful to have rain. It was also very special as Holly prayed Friday night for God to send rain so we could have tomatoes.
- The girls danced in the rain. I ran around filling buckets from the downspouts putting extra water on the garden. (We ate our first tomato yesterday!) We were soaked!